What is content testing?
In short, content testing is the evaluation of the effectiveness of all the content in a digital product to see how users interact with it. Conducting content testing can help you understand the following qualities of your content:
- Tone & voice
When should you use this template?
Content testing can help you at various stages of product development. Some stages where you can use it include:
During conceptualization, to validate your content and ensure that it resonates with your audience.
In between the design phase, to evaluate how well your content integrates with the overall UI and design elements.
After launch, as a part of your continuous testing process and to see how live users are engaging with your product.
What can you expect to understand after conducting content testing?
Here are some questions you might get answered as you conduct content testing:
- How engaging is my content? Do users feel compelled to interact with it?
- Is the content relevant to the users’ needs? Or is it off-topic and irrelevant?
- How effective are my CTA buttons? Are they placed in the right manner?
- Does my content support the visuals and vice versa?
- Is my content accessible by ALL the users in my intended target audience?
What’s in this template?
Here are the blocks you'll see when you use this template:
How to use this template
- Log into Qatalyst – you will be taken to the dashboard.
- From the dashboard, pick “Start From Templates”
- Choose the template “Test content recall”
- In the 5 second block, add your image (stimulus).
- You can personalize this block to change the time limit (5, 10, 15 or 20 seconds) and choose from different technologies (Mouse Tracking, Eye Tracking, Facial Coding).
- You can also tweak the questions to reflect your product more accurately – remember, they are just there as starting points!
- If you feel that the blocks given are not enough, you can add both UX and/or question blocks to the same template to complete your study.
After you’re finished setting up the test, just publish and share it with your respondents!